Anaesthesia 2021 PQIP Poster Prize
Download the PDF version of the advert here.
You are invited to submit a poster for presentation at Anaesthesia 2021, on 18-20 May. Given the significant impact that COVID-19 has had on elective surgery and recruitment to PQIP, we are expanding this year's poster competition to include two categories. If you have worked on a quality improvement or research project which falls into either of these categories, please submit a poster for a chance to showcase your work and to win a £250 prize.
1) A quality improvement or research project using PQIP data and/or that addresses one of PQIP’s top five priorities for 2019/20
- Preoperative assessment
- Diabetes management
- Communication and multidisciplinary working
- Individualised pain management
- Enhanced recovery (including Drinking, Eating and Mobilising – DrEaMing)
2) A project which focused on changing perioperative care services or pathways in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are particularly keen to see entries which are able to describe an evaluation of a new or adapted pathway or service, in addition to describing what the innovation is. Evaluations could be qualitative (feedback from staff or patients for example), quantitative (numerical data on processes or outcomes) or both.
The competition is open to all healthcare professionals or student healthcare professionals.
1st prize: £250
The top 3 to 5 submissions will be invited to present at Anaesthesia 2021.
How to enter
- Submit a digital copy of your poster as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a signed copy of the form within this document.
- Please follow the poster preparation guidelines below; failure to follow the guidelines could result in disqualification from the competition.
What happens next?
- The closing date for entries will be 23.59 Sunday 25 April 2021.
- A panel of RCoA judges will assess all submissions shortly after the closing date. Authors will be notified by Tuesday 4 May if they have been invited to display their poster at Anaesthesia 2021.
- The three to five highest scoring authors will be invited to display their poster as well as give a five minute presentation of their work on the afternoon of Wednesday 19 May at the Anaesthesia 2021 virtual conference.
- Authors selected to present their work will need to book a place at the event in order to display their poster. Please visit https://www.rcoa.ac.uk/events/anaesthesia-2021 to book your place (this can be for day one only).
Poster Preparation Guidelines
- Please note that only one author will be invited to present, though it is understood that other individuals may have contributed towards the poster content.
- Previously published work is not eligible. Work that has been presented at hospital, school, or regional meetings will be considered.
- Candidates will be required to pay to attend Anaesthesia 2021 to present their work.
- the presenting author will receive a certificate of presentation for producing and presenting a poster and may be entitled to claim CPD credits internally. You are advised to liaise with your appraiser. For enquiries regarding RCoA CPD accreditation please contact the CPD Coordinator at CPD@rcoa.ac.uk.